Six for Sunday is Steph at alittlebutalot‘s creation with a prompt each week to blog about.
Today’s prompt is:
Another I’ve had to ponder. I’m sure as I read the habits others have I’ll recognise many I have too, but all I can think of is my habits regarding when and where I read, so I’m going with that.
Six times and places you’ll almost certainly find me reading…
1. On my lunch break. This is one if the main chunks of time I get to read a physical book, so invariably I will be at the staff room table, lunch in one hand and book in the other
2. On my commute. I usually read my ebook on the way to work and back but if I don’t have too much stuff and get a seat on the tram I sometimes read my physical book too.
3. Nap times. I usually spend most of Peapod’s naptime listening to an audiobook while I do jobs around the house, but try to squeeze in a bit of time for a sit down with a coffee and a physical book too if he hasn’t woken by the time I’ve finished the housework.
4. In the evenings when I’m up and downstairs resettling Peapod. Peapod is a frequent waker still, so while I do get to go downstairs after putting him to bed, I’m usually up a few times with him before I go up to bed too. I usually read an ebook on my phone while he feeds back to sleep.
5. Before bed. It used to be that my main reading time was in bed before I went to sleep. I can’t really read my physical book in bed now without rusking waking Peapod but I manage to get a few pages in with a glass of wine and some chocolate before I go up most nights!
6. Peapod’s bedtime. The three of us all share a story when putting Peapod to bed. We have done since he was new born and I hope it will be something that sticks as he gets older and be ones a habit for him too!
When and where do you read? Do you have any bookish habits?